Proof of #APARTHEID in israel ? How about Urban Development since “land ownership” is insignificant comparing to the “leasing” of State Land which was almost all seized from Palestinians during the Nakba. Sate Land makes up 93% of the territory, leaving only 7% of the land either privately owned or under the protection of religious authorities (wakf).
Population in 1948:
650,000 Jews, 150,000 Palestinians
Population in 2016:
6,400,000 Jews, 1,800,000 Palestinians
So the augmentation of the population was:
5,750,000 Jews, 1,650,000 Palestinians
(BTW more than half of those Jews i.e. 3 millions immigrated in the 68 years span, yep zionism is a settler-colonial project 😉 )
The Jewish Agency boasts that #APARTHEID #israel has created 480 new Jewish towns & villages since 1948… So roughly one per 12,000 “new” persons.
So if all citizens were REALLY equal under the Law, the State would have created roughly 138 new Palestinian localities on its territory … BUT IT CREATED NONE! forcing all Palestinians to cram up in about 100 towns & villages spared in the Nakba … As of today, there should be 238 Palestinian localities …
There are one locality per 6,400 Jews and one locality per 16,500 Palestinians i.e. they live in localities that are almost 3 times more crowded (and much overcrowded in some areas) and the State does rarely, if ever , allow their expansions.
So #APARTHEID #israel Urban Planning for non-Jews forces Palestinians to live in overcrowded conditions thanks to the zionist ideology fuelling the “only ethnocentric democracy in the Middle East”
Note1: There are 3 mixed cities: Jaffa, Haifa and Acre, not that it changes anything for the #APARTHEID #israel ethnocentric Urban Development
Note2: All I could find is a “plan” for a new Palestinian town for 40,000 habitants … But even if it’s approved, Palestinian Israelis would need 42 of those to EXIST before #APARTHEID #israel can claim they are “equal under the Law” …
For more on Housing for Palestinians see the December 2012 Report by the UN Human Rights Council